Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Personal Connection to Artwork & Resilient Individuals

A strong Jewish theme runs through both of our resilient individuals and piece of art. My most direct connection to these is that I'm Jewish. That immediate connection aside, Peter Fritsch is my grandpa, and I am able to talk with him fairly often about his experience in the Holocaust. His story is one I've heard from a young age, so it's rooted in my mind.
The same applies to our piece of art. I connect to its Jewish theme and its inclusion of my grandpa.
When people look at our Star of David with representations of Moses' and Peter Fritsch's stories, I want them to see in it the hardships and struggles our resilient people faced, but also the endurance they had and how it strengthened them.

What hardships have you or someone connected to you had to endure?
How do you think you would react to the situations these people were put in?
What do you think makes people turn against people and not treat others with equal rights?

No comments: